Write down all of your little victories throughout the day.
My favorite sport is baseball which is a sport that has been described by many as a game of failure. The greatest hitters of all time are successful only 3 out of 10 times. According to Baseball-Reference.com, 359 out of 360 teams have lost more than 30% of their games. That definitely could have one think that there’s a lot of losing involved.
However, I believe baseball like life is full of little victories. We won’t get a hit every time or win every game, but we can definitely learn from each time at the plate and game that is played. Be thankful for each opportunity to participate and do your part and strive to do better with each opportunity. That is how we appreciate the little victories.
What is a little victory you ask? Think in terms of what you learn, the progress you make, the effort you give, the adjustments you create, the experience you earn. Valuing little victories helps you build and become better compared to wallowing in losses which keep you stuck and bitter.
Help to Keep Winning.
Here is a list of quotes on winning that I have come across. Use them to find the value in your victories throughout the day.
- Winning isn’t always finishing first. Sometimes winning is just finishing. – Manuel Diotte
- Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday. – Wilma Rudolph
- A man’s greatest glory doesn’t consist in never failing, but in rising every time he falls. – Unknown
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas Edison
- Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people. – Nibo Quebin
If you are struggling with confidence, feel as though you keep failing, or are consistently pessimistic this is the play for you. Too often we look at things in terms of wins and losses, success and failures. With this play you are challenged to develop a mindset that will add up the victories even in perceived losses and failures.
Share with us some of your victories of the day.